G.E.A.R. Parent Network
The G.E.A.R. Parent Network, a program of Crisis & Counseling Centers, is the place where Gaining Empowerment Allows Results. G.E.A.R. is run by parents for parents providing services for parents of children with emotional and behavioral health concerns.
We are parent-to-parent support. Here is how we can help you.
We provide FREE support to parents and families. Our supports include:
- 1:1 parent-peer support to parents/caregivers
- Emotional support and family-centered training
- Educational workshops and conferences
- Positive parenting skills education and peer mentoring
- Social and networking events to reduce isolation, enhance natural supports, and promote resiliency factors
- Increased awareness of children’s behavioral health needs
- Advocacy in the Maine’s system of care for comprehensive, coordinated, community-based, trauma-informed and family/youth-driven services.
Parent Peer Leadership Institute for Maine Behavioral Health Home Family/Peer Parent Certification
The Institute was developed and formatted by families for families with consultation and shared materials from the National Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health, their state organizations and chapters.
We believe that meaningful and effective parent/family participation as partners in the support of our children require specific skills that harness and enhance the valuable contribution of the parent/family perspective.
These skills are embodied in the following:
- Effective parent/family involvement requires a working knowledge of children’s mental health, the needs and experiences of parents and family members, and the issues affecting the system of
- The presentation of the individuals and organizations expressing the parent/family voice must enhance the credibility, value, and opportunities for meaningful inclusion.
- To provide effective parent‐to‐parent support in a variety of settings.
- To develop and sustain an effective local and statewide network of parents and champions of children’s behavioral health needs.
- To effectively participate in micro and macro level of system ch
- To provide consistency across the state with regard to parent-peer support providers hiring practices, qualifications, necessary skill sets, job duties, and supervision.
Our January 2021 session full at this time. We are now accepting applications for our March 2021 training.
Upcoming Dates: March 22nd, 23rd, and 24th of 2021.
Location: Crisis & Counseling Centers, 10 Caldwell Road, Augusta, ME 04330
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 30 minute lunch break on your own
Cost: $375 (at this time we are limiting attendance to the first four qualified applicants due to COVID19)
Questions: Contact G.E.A.R. Parent Network Director, Cindy Seekins at 207-441-7216 or email@example.com
10 Caldwell Road
Augusta, Maine 04330