Parent-Peer Leadership Institute
The Institute was developed and formatted by families for families with consultation and shared materials from the National Federation of Families, their state organizations and chapters. We believe that meaningful and effective parent/family participation as partners in the support of our children require specific skills that harness and enhance the valuable contribution of the parent/family perspective.
These skills are embodied in the following:
- Effective parent/family involvement requires a working knowledge of children’s mental health, the needs and experiences of parents and family members, and the issues affecting the system of
- The presentation of the individuals and organizations expressing the parent/family voice must enhance the credibility, value, and opportunities for meaningful inclusion.
- To provide effective parent‐to‐parent support in a variety of settings.
- To develop and sustain an effective local and statewide network of parents and champions of children’s behavioral health needs.
- To effectively participate in micro and macro level of system change.
- To provide consistency across the state with regard to parent-peer support providers hiring practices, qualifications, necessary skill sets, job duties, and supervision.
This training is a certification as a Family/Parent Peer Specialist for parents who are employed in Maine’s Behavioral Health Homes.
Countdown to Our Next Parent-Peer Leadership Institute
Join us at our next Parent-Peer Leadership Institute
Dates: April 24th, 26th, and 28th 2023
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with 30 minute lunch on your own