G.E.A.R. Parent Network
The G.E.A.R. Parent Network, a program of Crisis & Counseling Centers, is the place where Gaining Empowerment Allows Results. G.E.A.R. is run by parents for parents providing services for parents of children with emotional and behavioral health concerns.
We are parent-to-parent support. Here is how we can help you.
We provide FREE support to parents and families. Our supports include:
- 1:1 parent-peer support to parents/caregivers
- Emotional support and family-centered training
- Educational workshops and conferences
- Positive parenting skills education and peer mentoring
- Social and networking events to reduce isolation, enhance natural supports, and promote resiliency factors
- Increased awareness of children’s behavioral health needs
- Advocacy in the Maine’s system of care for comprehensive, coordinated, community-based, trauma-informed and family/youth-driven services.
As parents, many of us are full of emotion when we finally make the call to someplace/someone to help “fix” things for our child with special needs. What happens is, our emotions alienate the very person that can help us. Our emotions come through as frustration and...
10 Caldwell Road
Augusta, Maine 04330