G.E.A.R. Parent Network
The G.E.A.R. Parent Network, a program of Crisis & Counseling Centers, is the place where Gaining Empowerment Allows Results. G.E.A.R. is run by parents for parents providing services for parents of children with emotional and behavioral health concerns.
We are parent-to-parent support. Here is how we can help you.
We provide FREE support to parents and families. Our supports include:
- 1:1 parent-peer support to parents/caregivers
- Emotional support and family-centered training
- Educational workshops and conferences
- Positive parenting skills education and peer mentoring
- Social and networking events to reduce isolation, enhance natural supports, and promote resiliency factors
- Increased awareness of children’s behavioral health needs
- Advocacy in the Maine’s system of care for comprehensive, coordinated, community-based, trauma-informed and family/youth-driven services.
Compiled by Helen Jones (former G.E.A.R. staff member) through personal experience. There are 30-31 days in a month. Here are 31 examples of everyday life for us, the parents of children with special needs! Sitting in an emergency room or hospital with their...
Reduce stimuli whenever possible. Pay attention to and respond warmly to the child’s positive behaviors often. (such as playing quietly or being responsible) Communicate approval by facial expression, tone of voice and touch. Show excitement around accomplishments....
10 Caldwell Road
Augusta, Maine 04330